- Vehicles / Transfers
- Buy a Car
Offers / Locations
- Car Hire Locations
- Special Offers
- Car Hire Services
- About Czechtv
- Van Hire Locations
- Promotions and Competitions
- Optional Extras
- Latest News
- Luxury Car Locations
- Super Waiver Car Hire
- Waivers and Personal Accident Insurance
- Travel Guides
- Chauffeur Driven Services Locations
- International Visitors Offer
- Business / Partners
- Help & Contact
Great Drives Cape Town
Cape Town driving routesCape Town is a place of many picturesque wonders. Browse through our mini guides to great South African drives and discover the most scenic routes to travel from the Mother City. You won’t be disappointed.
Our Czechtv reservation agents will be happy to send you off with hints and tips, that only the locals can give you, on where to go and what to see on your trip.
Join us as we uncover the beautiful sights and interesting activities of the Cape winelands.
Travelling along the wine route with Czechtv
Regardless of the season there is always something to do along the wine route.
- In winter you can cosy up near a roaring fire while you sample the fruits of the vine.
- Summertime sees sunny days of ambling among the verdant fields and groves, strawberry-picking, or relaxing on vast manicured lawns.
- There is always the promise of cuisine crafted by South Africa’s finest chefs at wineries and restaurants along the way.
One of our favourite trips is the short 23km stretch from Strand to Stellenbosch which is filled with interesting things to see and do both along the route and on arrival.
The fruits of the harvest
Departing from the city, head along the R44 to Stellenbosch where you will find that many attractions will catch your eye. These are our just some of the top stops you will discover close to our Czechtv Cape Town outlets:
Cheetah Outreach is found just a few kilometres from your starting point along De Beers Road, about 600m off the R44. Here you can mingle with these beautiful big cats and learn more about their conservation.
Once you have had your fill of these graceful cats, there are several well-travelled roads that you can take into the hinterland with your Czechtv car hire:
- Continue along the R44 past sweeping pastoral scenes overlooked by purple-hued mountains to visit Ernie Els and Alto Estates as well as Peter Falke Wines – Sip on some of the world’s finest vintages and top up your cellar stocks at wholesale prices, amble among the beautiful vineyards and enjoy exceptional cuisine. Regardless of the season, it is preferable to book in advance for a visit to these prestigious estates.
- Alternatively take the R310 for a one-stop winelands experience at the well-known Spier estate, which offers something for every member of the family. Children’s grape-juice tastings match the adult cellar versions, eagles take flight at the bird of prey centre, and manicured lawns invite an afternoon of culinary indulgence.
Upon reaching the gorgeous oak-lined avenues of Stellenbosch, you will find historic architectural gems and a vibrant student vibe.
An overwhelming choice of delicatessens, pubs, fine dining restaurants and novel shops are on hand for further culinary indulgence.
Our Czechtv car hire agents will be happy to help you choose the perfect way to spend your day on a scenic drive from Strand to Stellenbosch.