Healthy eating at schools supports healthy food environments and provides resources for school teachers, child educators, parents and health professionals working in schools and recreation facilities. Healthy eating environments teach and encourage young Albertans to make healthy food choices and live a healthy lifestyle.
Creating Healthy Eating Environments in Schools
- Tools and resources to support healthy food environments in schools and promote the implementation of the .
Curriculum Based Lesson Plans
- Lesson plans that meet Alberta Education's Health and Life Skills Curriculum Outcomes for Kindergarten to Grade 9.
Teaching and Learning Tools
- Nutrition topics for parents, teachers and those promoting healthy eating to children.
School Nutrition Education Resources
Manuals and Toolkits
- Manuals and toolkits for teaching children and youth about healthy eating or for creating a Healthy Environment.
Healthy Eating Resources
- These resources provide individuals, parents, families, child cares, schools and workplaces more guidance on healthy eating.
Nutrition Guidelines and Resources